A. Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for Lane County Court Clerk's Office Remodel, Bid # LCH 2014.06 will be received by James Chaney, Contract Review Officer, Lane County Commissioners Reception, Plaza Level, Lane County Public Service Building, 125 East 8th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401, until The Bid Closing Time of 3:00 p.m., on Tuesday, May 13, 2014. The Bid Opening time will be immediately after the deadline for submission of bids. Bids will be opened at the above location.
B. The Project consists of the general construction services for the remodel a portion of the Lane County Courthouse Court Clerk's Office area including all mechanical and electrical. The area of work measures approximately 5,500 square feet.
C. Bids are required for the entire work described in the Bidding Documents. Each bid must be submitted on the required form and be accompanied by a bid security in the form of a bid bond, irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution as defined in ORS 706.008, cashier's check, or certified check, payable to "Lane County" in an amount of not less than ten percent (10%) of the amount of the bid including additive alternates if any.
D. Copies of the files for the Bid Documents may be downloaded by any interested Bidder, subcontractor, or supplier on or after Monday, April 21, 2014, by going to the Lane County-Wide Bid Page Site at www.lanecounty.org/bids.
E. Any modifications to the Bidding Documents will be made by addendum, which, if any, will be posted on the Lane County County-Wide Bid Page prior to the time stated for receiving bids. It is the bidder's responsibility to visit the County-Wide Bid Page to download any addendum issued prior to submitting a bid. As a courtesy, the County may provide copies of addenda via e-mail to bidders who attend the mandatory Pre-Bid Conference. However, such a courtesy will not relieve bidder of the bidder’s responsibility to examine the County-Wide Bid Page for addenda before submitting a bid.
F. Electronic copies of the Bidding Documents will be provided to many of the region's construction plan rooms. The Bidding Documents may also be examined at the Architects Office (PIVOT Architecture, 44 West Broadway, Eugene, OR 97401). Interested bidders, subcontractors, and suppliers may obtain personal printed sets by paying the cost of reproduction, which is not refundable, through Central Print and Reprographic Services, 47 West 5th Avenue, Eugene, OR, 97401, telephone 541-342-3624 - www.centralreprographics.com
G. Prevailing wage rates for public works contracts in Oregon are required for this project. No bid will be received or considered by Lane County unless the bid contains a statement that the Bidder will comply with the provisions of ORS 279C.800 to 279C.840 regarding the payment of prevailing rates of wage.
H. All bidders must be "Equal Opportunity Employers" and comply with the appropriate provisions of state and federal law. In regards to Worker's Compensation, all bidders shall be required to comply with ORS 656.017 or are exempt under ORS 656.126.
I. MANDATORY PREBID CONFERENCE FOR PRIME BIDDERS AND HVAC PIPING SUBCONTRACTORS.
1. A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at 12:00 pm, at the Lane County Courthouse Building to tour the site and answer questions regarding the Project. Bidders and interested subcontractors will meet the Owner's representative at the main entry to the Courthouse, in the foyer just before the security checkpoint.
2. Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is mandatory for both prime Bidders and for HVAC piping (heating and chilled water piping) subcontractors. Lane County will not receive or consider a bid from a Bidder unless both the Bidder and the Bidder's HVAC piping subcontractor attended and signed-in at the Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference.
3. Other interested subcontractors, and suppliers are invited to attend but their presence is not mandatory.
J. A second informal opportunity to tour the building has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm.
K. Each bid must include a statement by the bidder has to whether the bidder is a resident bidder under ORS 279A.120.
L. The County may reject any bid that does not comply with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, including the requirements to demonstrate the bidder's responsibility under ORS 279C.375(3)(b).
M. The County reserves the right to waive informalities, and for good cause to reject any and all bids after finding that doing so is in the public interest.
N. No bid will be received or considered unless the bidder is licensed by the Construction Contractors Board or the State Landscape Contractors Board for the work of the project.
O. Each bidder must submit a disclosure of first-tier subcontractors supplying labor or labor and materials within two hours after the date and time of the deadline when bids are due, in accordance with ORS 279C.370.
P. In making an award of this contract, Lane County will:
1. Give preference to goods or services that have been manufactured or produced in the state, if price, fitness, availability, and quality are otherwise equal; and
2. Add a percent increase to the bid of a nonresident bidder equal to the percent, if any, of the preference given to the bidder in the state in which the bidder resides;
3. Give preference to recycled goods in accordance with ORS 279A.125.
4. Comply with the requirements of ORS 279C.375 regarding award and execution of contract, determination of responsibility of bidder, and impermissible exclusions.
5. Comply with the requirements of the Lane Manual regarding solicitation and award, including LM 21.105(5) to (14), 21.106, and 21.107,
Q. Questions regarding bidding procedure shall be directed to the Owner: Brian Craner, Capital Projects Manager, (541) 682-3699
R. Questions regarding technical matters shall be directed to the project architect, PIVOT Architecture at (541) 342-7291.
S. ALL ENVELOPES MUST BE SEALED AND PLAINLY MARKED ON THE OUTSIDE WITH THE WORDS "BID ENCLOSED," THE BIDDER'S NAME, THE PROJECT TITLE, AND THE DATE AND THE HOUR OF OPENING.
Brian Craner, PE
Capital Projects Manager
Date: April 21, 2014