Carefully read and follow all instructions printed on your ballot. Use a pen with blue or black ink.
To ensure your vote counts, completely fill in the oval to the left of the response of your choice.
To write-in a name.
Clearly print candidate's name on the solid line provided on the ballot.
Fill in the oval next to the name you wrote-in.
You must do both for your vote to be counted!
Check your ballot carefully!
Make sure you have completely filled in the ovals next to your choices. The ballot may have contents printed on front and back.
You do not have to vote on all contests. Those you do vote on will still count.
You cannot change your vote once you have returned your ballot.
If you vote for more candidates than allowed or you vote both Yes and No on a measure, it is called an overvote. Your vote will not count for that candidate or measure.
If you overvote or make a mistake on your ballot, contact the Elections Office to request a replacement ballot.
To ensure that your vote can be counted:
- You must sign the return identification envelope that has your name and current residence address.
- Your signature must match your voter registration signature.
- Printing is not a signature unless that is how you sign your legal documents.
- If your signature has changed or you are having difficulty signing, please call Lane County Elections to assist you.
- Return your ballot sealed and enclosed in the return identification envelope.
You may call the elections office and ask if your ballot has been received. A record is kept showing each voter whose ballot has been returned. You may also check the status of your ballot online by visiting the My Vote website.