Youth Services - Volunteer - How can I Help Troubled Youth 

How You Can Help Troubled Youth

Volunteers are the heart and soul of any system working with youth, like the juvenile justice system. Volunteers help the system reach out into the community. They provide the one-on-one personal contacts youth need in better ways than any government agency can ever do. By committing some of your time and your self to volunteer work with youth, you are committing yourself to this community's safety and the future of its children.

A volunteer job working with youth can involve you with babies recently removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect, middle school children who have been identified as at-risk of getting into trouble or 17 year olds who already have a police record because of the poor choices they have made.

Listed below are some of the local Lane County agencies where you can become involved.

Lane County Department of Youth Services (541) 682-4700

Casa of Lane County, Court Appointed Special Advocates (541) 984-3132

CRB, Citizen Review Board, (541) 686-7853

Looking Glass, Inc (541) 686-2688

Committed Partners for Youth (541) 344-0833

Big Brother Big Sister (541) 686-9622

You can also

Become a foster parent: Contact Services for Children and Families (541) 686-7557 or Oregon Social Learning Center , Patty Chamberlain, (541) 485-2711

Donate money or time to United Way: Call (541) 741-6000