IVR Instructions (IVR is an automated telephone answering system)
The Lane County Land Management Division does not have a receptionist at this time, but has an Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) System that will allow you to perform the following actions over the phone:
- Schedule an inspection.
- Cancel an inspection.
- Hear the results of an inspection.
- Check the status of a permit.
- Access helpful information about our business operations.
- Transfer directly to one of our staff's message lines.
- The system responds to voice commands in all areas except Staff Directory and the Help menu.
- The system also responds to numeric prompts from the keypad.
- To deactivate voice recognition, push "7" from the Main Menu.
- "7" from the Main Menu is a toggle that activates/deactivates voice recognition. When voice recognition is off you are required to make entries from the keypad only.
- To backup from anywhere in the system push "#".
"0" from most areas in the system will take you to the Help menu.
Quick reference guides for the IVR system:
Schedule an inspection
Cancel an inspection
Hear the results of an inspection
Check the status of a permit