WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE FOR THE
LANE COUNTY, OREGON
PARKS & OPEN SPACE MASTER PLAN UPDATE
Here is an Information sheet for the Master Plan Update:
Parks Master Plan Information Sheet
The Lane County Parks Division is excited to release for your consideration, review, and comment, the Lane County Parks Master Plan Update! We want your comments on this DRAFT Master Plan Update and invite you to participate by submitting comments, attending one or more public meetings, or by submitting photos for consideration of inclusion into the final document.
How The Document is Organized:
The Master Plan is divided into three Sections:
- Section I contains chapters which focus on policies, visioning, and recommendations for the Lane County Parks System. Due to its focus, Section I is appropriately named "The Plan."
- Section II contains chapters which focus primarily on characterizing the overall parks system and provides information about the methodology and analysis of the development of the Master Plan.
- Section III contains the appendices which supported the development of the Master Plan or were assumed most appropriate as more discretionary support content.
Click this link to download the Lane County Parks DRAFT Master Plan Update. The file is a bit large, so please allow time for the file to open.
Hard copies of the DRAFT Master Plan are also available for review at the Lane County Parks offices (3050 N. Delta Highway in Eugene) and at the following public locations:
- Cottage Grove Library (700 E. Gibbs Ave., Cottage Grove)
- Creswell Library (64 W. Oregon Ave., Creswell)
- Eugene Public Library (100 W. 10th Ave., Eugene)
- Fern Ridge Library (88026 Territorial Hwy., Veneta)
- Leaburg Public Library (42888 McKenzie Hwy., Leaburg)
- Siuslaw Public Library (1460 9th St., Florence)
- Springfield Public Library (225 N. 5th St., Springfield)
- Travel Lane County Visitor Center (3312 Gateway St., Springfield)
How to Provide Comment:
We want to hear from you! It is important to us to have a plan that meets the public's needs and expectations of their county parks system.
We are happy to provide you with a variety of ways for you to participate and comment on the Master Plan:
- Online by answering a few quick questions and providing your comments
- Comment directly by email (email@example.com).
We anticipate there will be further opportunities for the public to come to meetings regarding the master plan in the future. Those opportunities will be announced here.
COMMENTS RECIEVED FROM PUBLIC PROCESS UP TO 11/4/2015
To see comments received, click the link below:
Public comments received through February 8, 2016
Notice of Hearings:
In addition to the methods and dates above, the public will also be able to provide comment during monthly Parks Advisory Committee meetings and during public hearings with the Parks Advisory Committee and the Planning Commission. Notice of all hearings will be placed on this webpage, and in the Legal Notices section of the Eugene Register Guard and the Siuslaw News.
Please be sure to come back to this page frequently for updates, announcements, and important dates.
This web site will be updated as new information is available.
Last Update: February 10, 2016
2007 Previous Master Plan Draft Materials
2007 Master Plan Draft Materials (for reference only)