Rent Assistance

Utilice el Traductor de Google para ver esta información en español seleccionando el botón "translate" en la esquina inferior derecha.

We have received the maximum number of applications that can be served at this time and the application round that opened October 16th for COVID 19 CARES Rent Relief is now closed.    

If funding allows, we will reopen the application in November.  Please check back for updates.   


Additional Resources

We recognize that COVID-19 has created huge disruptions in all of our lives and we know that that many people in our community are experiencing reduced income, as well as health concerns. The need for financial assistance is great and we are working diligently to help as many people as swiftly as possible.

The Lane County website has information about the eviction moratorium and your rights and responsibilities as a renter.

There may be other assistance in the community for which you qualify. Please check the Lane County COVID-19 Long-Term Recovery webpage for updates regarding rent and energy assistance programs.

Additionally, local service provider White Bird Clinic has compiled a comprehensive social services directory available here:


Documentation Checklist

Applicant must provide verification of identity with the following documentation order of preference:


First Preference (Government Issued Photo ID)

  • Driver's license or ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, or issued by other, foreign government entity
  •  U.S. or Foreign Passport, or Passport Card
  • Native Tribal card or ID
  • Government Employee Photo ID card or badge
  • U.S. Military ID
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Card


Second Preference (Non-Photo ID or Non-government issued Photo ID)*

  • Social Security Card
  •  Voter Registration Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Non-government employee Photo ID card or badge
  • School or University ID with a photo
  • Benefits letter(s) for SSI, SSDI, etc.
  • Medicaid or other Healthcare card


Third Preference (Third Party Verification)*

  • Utility bill in your name
  •  Credit card statement
  • Letter from Landlord, Employer, Other Entity confirming your Identity
  • Rental or Vehicle Insurance Card
  • Other non-photo forms of ID with name, date of birth, SSN, etc.


*Third Preference items will require at least two items be provided and agency must document attempts to obtain First or Secondary preference ID and reasons this was not able to be provided.


If the agency has a reason to believe an individual is providing false identification or is attempting to commit fraud, the application may be denied and the applicant will have an opportunity to appeal or file a grievance to have the denial reviewed in accordance with the agency's grievance policy.

General Documentation:

  • Completed Lane County COVID-10 Rent Relief Program (CVRRP) Application for head of household requesting assistance
  • Lane County CVRRP Additional Household Member Intake completed for every additional person in the household

Income documentation - Documentation of all income received in the past 30 days by adults in household that are not full-time students. This includes:

  • Documentation of earned income (examples: pay stubs, profit and loss statement if self-employed)
  • Benefit award letters for unearned income (examples: current year social security letter, pension letter, unemployment, cash assistance, etc...)
  • Documentation of all State funds received related to COVID-19
  • Documentation of all Federal funds received related to COVID-19
  • Documentation of all other funds received related to COVID-19
  • Loss of income documentation (i.e. Unemployment documentation, pink slip/layoff notice, documented conversations with employer, etc.)
  • If income statements are not available for 30 days prior to the assessment, applicant must self-certify the previous 30 days of income.


Housing Status Documentation:

  • If Household is at Imminent Risk of Homelessness or Unstably Housed
    • Written documentation from landlord of past due rent
    • Written documentation from landlord of risk of eviction after moratorium is lifted
  • If Household is Literally Homeless
    • Third Party Certification of Homelessness
    • If unable to get third party certification, Self-certification of Homelessness is allowable
  • If Household is Fleeing Domestic Violence
    • Indicate on Program Application


Health Status Documentation (if applicable):

  • Statement self-certifying that person(s) declares their health is at risk due to compromised health conditions
    • Health Status Self-Certification Form


     Additional Documentation

  • All payments require a W-9 to be completed for the party receiving the payment. If you are unsure if your landlord, utility company, etc. already has a W-9 on file, please contact the access agency you are applying through directly.
  • Rental Payments
    • Written notice from landlord showing unpaid rent balance
  • Utility Payments
    • Written notice from Utility company showing unpaid balance
  • Moving Costs / Security Deposits / Housing Relocation
    • Written statement from housing opportunity showing amount due for costs associated with move-in (i.e. security deposit, first month rent, application fees, etc.)

Access Agency Contacts

Catholic Community Services: 541-345-3628 ext. 408 (appointment only)


Centro Latino Americano (944 W. 5th Avenue, Eugene): 541-687-2667 (appointment only)


Community Sharing Program (1440 Birch Street, Cottage Grove): 541-942-2176 or (walk-ins Monday from 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday–Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)

Shelter Care (499 W. 4th Avenue, Eugene): 541-689-3785 (appointment only, Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)


Siuslaw Outreach Services (1576 W. 12th Street, Florence): 541-997-2816


St. Vincent de Paul First Place Family Center (1995 Amazon Parkway, Eugene): 541-357-1734 or (walk-ins Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. starting on June 8)

COVID-19 Information -

Find updates and information in English and Español