Public Records Request

Lane County Government strives to provide access to information in a timely manner. Please see Quick Links for your records request. If not specifically listed, please complete a Public Records Request Form. Some fees may apply.

Frequently requested:

Collective Bargaining Agreements


Public Records Request Process

  • Please try to be specific about the public record(s) you are seeking. Asking for “any and all” documents relating to a particular subject or document can require a substantial investment of time and/or lead to a vast number of responsive documents. This can lead to substantial cost.
  • Lane County shall locate and assemble the record(s) requested, eliminating any records which are exempt from disclosure (ORS 192.410 to 192.505). Lane County shall charge a reasonable fee for the location, assemblage, copying, and review of the records as allowed under ORS 192.440.
  • If the estimated cost of locating, assembling, copying and reviewing the requested documents is less than $25, the department may proceed with completing the records request. The requestor must arrange payment of the balance due prior to receipt of the requested documents.
  • If the estimated cost exceeds $25, Lane County must provide an estimate to the requestor and stop any work on the request until payment is received in the estimated amount. If the requestor chooses to pay the estimated amount, work will be done in a reasonable amount of time. If the time and resources spent on the request exceed the estimated amount, the documents will be provided upon receipt of balance due.

Public Record Request FAQ

1. How can I get a copy of my divorce decree?
Divorce records are available through Lane County Circuit Court:

Telephone: 541.682.4020

2. How do I get a copy of a judgment/court record?
All court records are available through Lane County Circuit Court:

Telephone: 541.682.4020

3. I have a question regarding a will/estate/trust, who should I contact?
You may wish to contact Lane County Probate Department:

4. Where can I get a copy of my marriage license?
Marriage licenses are available through Lane County Deeds and Records:

5. Where can I get a copy of a lien/ recorded document/ deed?

Real property records are available through Lane County Deeds and Records:

6. I need a copy of a birth/death certificate, who do I contact?
Please contact Lane County Vital Statistics at:

7. I need a copy of my juvenile criminal record, who do I contact?
Please submit to our office a records request on the form below, be sure to include your date of birth. Only those records permitted to be disclosed by the Oregon Revised Statutes will be released.

8. I need a copy of a police report, who do I contact?

If the agency taking the report was the Lane County Sheriff, please contact Lane County Sheriff's Office Records:

If the agency taking the report was an outside agency, the arresting agency (Eugene Police Department, Springfield Police Department, Oregon State Police, etc.) will need to be contacted directly.

If the person cited is under the age of 18, please follow the process in #7 above regarding juvenile records requests.

9. I need help locating records and am unsure where to start, can you help?

Absolutely, please call our direct line at 541-682-6417. If we are not the appropriate department to process your records request we will do our best to direct you to the correct department/entity.

10. Where can I find records regarding Lane County Board of Commissioners agendas?

The link below will direct you to the Board of Commissioners agendas webpage:

11. Where can I locate information regarding the Lane County Budget?

The link below will direct you to the Lane County Budget and Financial Planning page. This includes links to previous annual budgets.




COVID-19 Information -

Resources regarding case counts, vaccines and more (Español tambien).